Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Countdown...



We are cleared to close!! The date is set for December 29th!!! Jason and I are ecstatic. We usually want Christmas to last forever, but this year we just want to be 'done gone!

After closing on the 29th we're going to have pizza and beer/sodies at the new place to celebrate, and the next day starts the work...

The Work:
Removing the carpeting from the BATHROOM and Kitchen... I pray that there is something salvagable at least for a little while under the mold-trap carpeting, but my hopes aren't too high! From what I saw during the home inspection it appears that the bathroom flooring is hardwood (or possibly soggy wood)... either way it's a lot of work that I am **really really really** looking forward to doing!
My bathroom inspiration is the following:


The wall tiles in the bathroom are a semi-sparkly beige and the tub toilet and basins are plain white for now, but I will be painting the walls with same color shown here as well as the accent wall with the anchor. We plan to do the flooring asap so that will also have the same effect. I am quite pleased that Jason agreed to this scheme because I've picked out colors and schemes for almost every room and I always lean towards the real salmony pinks... he's a good sport!!



Our 2nd project is the kitchen, which at this point is a 1970s disaster. It's got lovely yellow walls with (fabulous) black plastic 50s tiles for a "chair rail" and white cabs with yellow doors... the black tiles are wonderful and go from the kitchen down the hall to the bedroom doors- that's staying. The kitchen colors are based on this photograph:

I plan to do the walls and cabinet fronts in the green color, with the red color only for the cabinet bases. I don't want to appear to have a Christmas Kitchen, so I may shoot for a more orange red than the one pictured-- also all of my kitchen stuff is the Lusterware red and white and my curtains are red and white gingham so that should add to the more Kitchen-y than christmasy theme!! Ohhh.. .and my chalkware fruit with faces... the little jerks, are will be lovely too... I absolutely can't wait to get them up!!

1 comment:

Readerman said...

We close on the 29th too! I'm so glad that someone else just wants the holidays over and done with like we do. We don't feel so bad, now.