Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Packing, Waiting and the Worst Yankee Swap Ever...

Packing and Waiting...
The long awaited home inspection went quite well. I was happy to see that there were only 2 problems and they are easily fixable and will be paid for in part by the sellers... that was a relief as the home is being sold through a poa for a 90 year old woman (the original owner of the house). That was last Saturday. I've got most of our things packed with the remaining necessities still cluttering up the joint- easily boxed things so that is good. We hear from the financing on Friday and then from there we wait until the 29th to sign and grab hold of the keys!! It's the waiting not the packing and carrying heavy boxes that is killing me!!
The Worst Yankee Swap...
Saturday night is our 5th annual (as married folk-- it will actually be our 9th annual in terms of actual events) Christmas Party. This years theme is Christmas Island-- were we not moving I was going to do the place up Polynesian style with palm trees and hibiscuis flowers and water and sand... but we're moving so I'm just FORCING the guests to wear Hawaiian attire. I myself have a fabulous vintage Hawaiian strapless with matching bolero, so that was the basis of my theme.. haha
Every year we hold The Worst Yankee Swap usually around 9:30pm. Guests search far and wide for "the most horrible gift you could recieve at a yankee swap" and the fun ensues. Last years more notable items were castor oil, Undies from a florida tourist shop, a candy bar with razor blades in it (my contribution)... This year the swap gifts are sure to be sickening... I'm really looking forward to it!!!

No comments: