Thursday, May 21, 2009

Whew! It's been a while!



It has been almost 2 years since I've updated this blog, and I am ashamed!  I have the excuse of having twin boys this past August however!!   We are still plugging away at making the house fabulous however.

I am forever man-handling the closet that we call a bathroom.  I had to have the fabulous glass doors removed from the bathtub last spring, because whilst preggers, I could not fit through! It was a blessing really, because I would not be able to bathe the bambinos with those cumbersome doors.   I'm painted the horrible particle board vanity (we have the original wall mounted sink in the basement, but serious floor work needs to be done before it can be put back up) pink and added some green bubbles to it.  Here's how it looks now:



The door is askew, I have asked for it to be tightened to no avail, so I need to do that-today in fact!  I am just so-so with this vanity, it's a terrible cheap fix.  The pink doesn't match at all... I may cover it with the left over wall paper.  It's an eyesore indeed.


Also, despite saying that I would *NEVER* wallpaper any room (after I had to scrape terrible GOLD 1970s wallpaper off of just about every wall in this place), just last night I purchased this from Vintage Walls on ebay:


It is pink with gold shiny starbursts, and its just fabulous.  I want to find a great shower curtain to match.  I have a huge vintage pink metal hamper, but unfortunately it's 1/4 of the size of the bathroom, so that's out.  I guess this means more shopping... darn...








No comments: